Garlic Mashed Cauliflower
|Prep. time||15 mins|
|Cooking time||10 mins|
1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 garlic clove, smashed
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 tablespoon rediced fat cream cheese
1/2 tablespoon kosher salt
1/8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Fill a steamer with water to just below the bottom.
- Bring the water to a boil.
- Add cauliflower, cover, and steam until tender (about 10 minutes)
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a small skillet over medium heat; cook and stir garlic until softened (about 2 minutes) Remove from heat.
- Transfer half the cauliflower to a food processor; cover and blend on high.
- Add remaining cauliflower florets, one at a time, until vegetables are creamy.
- Blend in garlic, Parmesan cheese, cream cheese, salt, and black pepper
A great alternative to the traditional mashed potatoes! Ideal for kids (or adults!) who don't normally like vegetables!
Ideally, use a large food processor for this recipe.
Orignal recipe by the user Andie, through this link.